This mexican casserole was a huge success! It’s hard to believe it is light and only 6 points for those watching their weight watcher points. Plus my kids absolutely loved it!
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef (drained)
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1/4 cup canned jalapeno slices, chopped or green chilies
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can kernel corn (drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (rinsed/drained) – Ortega
- 1 (1/14 ounce) package taco seasoning mix – Old El Paso
- 8 corn tortilla’s – Mission
- 3/4 cup non fat or light sour cream
- 1/3 bunch of cilantro, chopped to taste (less or more)
Brown ground beef and chopped onions in large skillet; brown 10-12 minutes or until cooked, stirring constantly. Drain well to remove fat.
Add corn, black beans, tomatoes, chilie’s or jalapeno’s and taco seasoning; mix well. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes.
Meanwhile spray a 12 x 8 inch (2 quart) baking dish with non stick cooking spray. Cut each tortilla in half, place 8 halves in bottom of sprayed baking dish, overlapping slightly.
Spoon half of beef mixture evenly over tortillas. Spoon sour cream over beef mixture; spread evenly. Top with remaining 8 tortilla halves and remaining beef mixture. (Cover tightly with foil and freeze for later or cook as directed below).
Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven; sprinkle with cheese. Cover; let stand 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro. Serve with fresh lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, black olives, etc…
This recipe is super easy, but it does take a little time in the kitchen. I made this casserole on my own with out my little helpers. It was a “solo cooking day” where I put on my tunes, enjoy a nice glass of wine, and cook dinner for the family.
Do you have any great Weight Watcher recipes like this one? This one is delicious!