I never met a potato I didn’t like really it’s true. I love potatoes! Did you know there are over 100 different varieties of potatoes sold in the US? I had no idea. Potatoes fall into the usual categories of russet, red, white, yellow, purple/blue, fingerling, and petite. We cook a lot with russet and white/yellow potatoes. Tonight it was time to bring back the cute little red potatoes. I went for something basic – roasted red potatoes. I’m really into roasting all my vegetables right now so why not try some roasted red potatoes!
Sometimes the best recipe for success is plain and simple. These roasted red potatoes are so good and so easy. In the past, I’ve used the Lipton onion soup mix recipe for my roasted red potatoes. It’s a great one too but if you don’t have that soup mix and you just want simple, try these roasted red potatoes. This is a great side dish that will compliment any meat or fish. Check it out!
Roasted Red Potatoes
- 3 pounds of Red Potatoes – cut in half or quartered
- 1/4 cup of Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon of fresh ground Pepper
- Sea Salt to your liking
- 1 Tablespoon of Italian Seasonings (Basil, Oregano, Parsley)
- Preheat oven to 430 degrees. Meanwhile, clean and cut all potatoes in half. Some larger ones might be best quartered.
- Put potatoes in a large mixing bowl. Toss the potatoes with the olive oil and all seasonings. Arrange the potatoes, cut side down, on a large lipped baking sheet.
- Roast until tender and golden brown approximately 30 minutes. Stir and flip potatoes halfway through cooking time.