Last week, my husband was in the mood for a cold Pasta Salad. I was super excited because I love Pasta Salad. Since he was grilling the flank steaks and making the vegetable, I figured making the salad was the least I could do.
I approached this recipe with some practicality and a little creativity. I used all the ingredients that I had at home. That is the beautiful thing about cold Pasta Salad, you can use a ton of different vegetables/meats, and use many different types of dressings.
Pasta Salami Salad
- 1 Box of Pasta (spirals, mostaccioli, bow ties) – cooked and drained
- 25-30 slices of Hard Salami sliced in slivers
- 5 Roma Tomatoes diced
- 20 Asparagus Spears cooked and sliced
- 1 large Cucumber diced
- 1 cup of sliced Red Onion
- 3/4 cup of Italian Dressing of your choice (less or more)
- 1/4 cup of Fresh Basil from the garden
- Italian seasonings to taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Fresh shredded Parmesan Cheese or Feta Cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain. I do not rinse my pasta. I drizzle a little olive oil so the pasta doesn’t stick. Let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the pasta with all the other ingredients. Add the seasonings last. Stir until fully coated with dressing. Add Cheese last or with each individual serving. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
This dish is a perfect summer salad that’s ideal for any large get together. I must admit that I really like the salami in this Pasta Salad. It adds a lot of extra flavor. Also, I would have added some black olives too, but no one likes them like I do in this family.
There’s so much you can do with Pasta Salad. I swear that I make a different one every time I make it.
Enjoy this one for now!
2 thoughts on “Pasta Salami Salad”