This recipe has been in the family for a very long time. I enjoyed it as a kid growing up so I must give all credit to my Mom for this one. I believe it’s a favorite at this house, because we love anything with Lipton – French Onion Soup Mix. It flavors everything – oh so good, including this one dish meal recipe that is ideal for any family!
- 6 Chicken Breasts
- 2-3 Celery Stalks (chopped)
- 2 Cups or more of Carrots (chopped)
- 1/4 Cup of Butter
- 1 Cup of uncooked Rice
- 1 Package of Lipton Dry Onion Soup Mix
- 2 Cups of Water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Meanwhile, sauté chicken in butter until lightly browned. Remove chicken and sauté carrots and celery in the same pan. You may have to add more butter.
- Spray a 9 by 13 glass dish with Pam. In a separate bowl, mix rice and onion soup mix together. Spread evenly on the bottom of the glass dish.
- Put chicken on top of rice mixture, then put vegetables all over. Evenly pour water in dish.
- Cover dish with foil and bake for one hour.
**You can omit the butter and use oil or Pam if you want to make this recipe lighter. The butter however, adds great flavoring.
2 thoughts on “Chicken and Rice Bake”
Made this last night – it was delicious! I used brown rice instead of white and I halved the butter and used a little oil to brown meat to make it a little lighter. I also used regular onion soup mix because I had that on had, but will try with the French onion kind next time. Hubby and both kids (10 & 14) loved it! Will definitely be making this again and again!
Thanks for sharing Chelle! I love brown rice too. Can easily change up little things in this recipe. Great family meal that’s a keeper!