It’s Friday folks so that means no meat for us so I wanted to share another quick meatless meal. We make Pasta Primavera several times a year. I add different vegetables every time. This time I used vegetables that I had in the refrigerator. I was missing a frozen bag of peas but I highly recommend using peas in your Primavera. The beautiful thing about Primavera is you can make it so many different ways: butter/olive oil sauce, red sauce, Alfredo sauce, and so on. Our favorite is a light butter/olive oil base.
- 1 Bag of Spaghetti or any choice of pasta noodle (17.6 ounces)
- 3-4 Cups of Mixed Vegetables (cut carrots in match sticks, zucchini and squash in match sticks or quartered, and cut cauliflower)
- 1 Medium Onion, chopped
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 4-5 Tablespoons of Butter
- 3 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon of Italian Seasonings
- Sea Salt and Fresh Pepper to taste
- Dash of Cayenne or Crushed Red Pepper (optional)
- Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Prepare pasta according to directions. Meanwhile, cut and prepare all vegetables.
- Heat the olive oil in a large wok or saucepan over medium to high heat. Add the onions and fresh garlic along with the cauliflower and carrots. Cook for 4-5 minutes. Add the butter and the zucchini and squash. Cook for another 4-5 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften.
- Next, add the Italian seasonings, sea salt, pepper, and red pepper. Add pasta to pan and toss lightly.
- Heat on low heat for 3-6 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve with fresh grated parmesan cheese.