This Chicken Spinach Tomato Bake has become a favorite in this house and it’s healthy. Everyone’s looking for that quick and healthy chicken dish. This is it! I’ve done a few different variations with the tomatoes. Originally I was using Rotel tomatoes, but recently I tried sundried tomatoes. Both give it a little different flavor. One reason I love this Chicken Spinach Tomato Bake is because you can change it up each time to meet the needs of what you have at home. You don’t have to use mozzarella cheese each time. I’ve used shredded Mexican style cheese because I always have that in bulk in my fridge. This is a great recipe with a lot of flexibility and it tastes so good.
Chicken Spinach Tomato Bake
- 5-6 Large Chicken Breasts
- 16-24 ounces of Fresh Spinach
- 1 and 1/4th cup of Chicken Broth
- 1 can of Rotel or a jar of Sundried Tomatoes
- Creole or Spicy seasoning
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Shredded Mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese to your liking
- 4-5 Green Onions chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray 9 by 13 dish and any other dishes being used. For 5-6 large chicken breasts I use two a 9 by 13 and 11 by 14 dish.
- Next, place the chicken breasts on a cutting board between sheets of plastic wrap and pound the chicken with a flat mullet until all meat is even. This is a key step.
- Sprinkle the chicken with Creole seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Put the fresh spinach is prepared dishes. Salt and pepper the spinach.
- Add the chicken broth evenly to each dish.
- Arrange the chicken over the spinach and add tomatoes on top along with green onions.
- Cover the baking dishes with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and continue baking for 10-15 minutes or until chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 165.
- Top the chicken with cheese and cook for another 5 minutes. Remove from oven and serve with your favorite sides.