Today, Jack Sievers, child #2, was the chef in our kitchen. He decided he wanted to make desert! That’s no shocker. We both pondered a few different recipes based on ingredients we had at home. We decided to go basic, but something with big and rich flavors.
There’s one thing you will always find in my kitchen – a big box of Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate Brownie Mix from Costco. In my opinion, it’s the best brownie mix out of a box. They are rich with big chucks of chocolate. Jack decided he wanted to top them with marshmallows. I told him that was a good idea and maybe we could add another topping. So there you have it – Marshmallow Fudge Brownies! This is an easy recipe to involve the kids in the kitchen and they will love the end result.
- 1 Pan (9×13) Brownies, baked and cooled – we use Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate Brownie Mix
- 3 Tablespoons of Butter
- 1/4 Cup of Milk
- 1 Square Ounce unsweetened Chocolate, chopped
- 1 (3 ounce) Package of Cream Cheese, cut in cubes
- 3 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 Cups Miniature Marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Let brownies cool completely.
- In large sauce pan, combine, butter, milk, unsweetened chocolate, and cream cheese. Cook over low heat, stirring until well blended. Remove from heat, stir in powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Sprinkle marshmallows over brownies and bake for 2-5 minutes until puffed. Remove brownies from oven and immediately pour frosting over marshmallows. Lightly swirl to a marble with a knife.
- Refrigerate for one hour or until firm.