Independence Day always gets me in the mood for patriotic foods. Some festive Oreos were on my mind since I saw this idea on Pinterest. We make a lot of red, white, and blue snacks at this house. This weekend was no different. I had plenty of white chocolate on hand so I decided to try these festive Oreos out. Well, there is nothing easier to make except for a few broken ones from time to time.
These festive Oreos are a great snack to make with the kids too. Get in the kitchen, get a little messy, and have some fun! Festive Oreos are sure to be a hit with the family or at any holiday get together.
- 1 Package of Nestles Toll house white chocolate morsels (12 oz.)
- 1 Package of Oreos
- Sprinkles (red, white, and blue)
- Pour the whole package of Nestles Tollhouse white chocolate morsels in a microwave safe bowl. I use the microwave to melt my chocolate. The key is to do it in 30 second intervals and stir after each 30 seconds in the microwave. For a 12 oz package of chocolate, it usually takes 60-90 seconds.
- After the chocolate has melted, you are ready to start dipping Oreos. Dip each Oreo half way on each side and place on a baking sheet covered with wax paper.
- Next cover the white chocolate Oreos with sprinkles. It’s best to do this step right away before the white chocolate begins to set.
- Place Oreos in the refrigerator so the white chocolate will cool and set.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Today, Jack Sievers, child #2, was the chef in our kitchen. He decided he wanted to make desert! That’s no shocker. We both pondered a few different recipes based on ingredients we had at home. We decided to go basic, but something with big and rich flavors.
There’s one thing you will always find in my kitchen – a big box of Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate Brownie Mix from Costco. In my opinion, it’s the best brownie mix out of a box. They are rich with big chucks of chocolate. Jack decided he wanted to top them with marshmallows. I told him that was a good idea and maybe we could add another topping. So there you have it – Marshmallow Fudge Brownies! This is an easy recipe to involve the kids in the kitchen and they will love the end result.
- 1 Pan (9×13) Brownies, baked and cooled – we use Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate Brownie Mix
- 3 Tablespoons of Butter
- 1/4 Cup of Milk
- 1 Square Ounce unsweetened Chocolate, chopped
- 1 (3 ounce) Package of Cream Cheese, cut in cubes
- 3 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 Cups Miniature Marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Let brownies cool completely.
- In large sauce pan, combine, butter, milk, unsweetened chocolate, and cream cheese. Cook over low heat, stirring until well blended. Remove from heat, stir in powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Sprinkle marshmallows over brownies and bake for 2-5 minutes until puffed. Remove brownies from oven and immediately pour frosting over marshmallows. Lightly swirl to a marble with a knife.
- Refrigerate for one hour or until firm.
I love desserts, and chocolate. This is one of my favorite desserts! Hi, my name is Melanie Sievers and I am taking over my moms blog today. Plus I made this all by myself and I am calling it “Melanie’s Ultimate Chocolate Trifle.” I hope you all enjoy this wonderful and delicious dessert.
Chocolate Strawberry Trifle
- 1 large pound cake
- Trifle bowl
- 1 package of instant pudding mix (prepare as directed)
- Raspberries, Blueberries, and white chocolate chips
- Gather all of your ingredients, which are listed up above.
- Cut the stems of the strawberries off and cut each one in half. This will make it easier to put on the trifle. Place all the strawberries in a bowl and sprinkle some sugar on it.
- Get the package of pudding and pour it in the bowl. Now you want to put three cups of milk in the bowl with the pudding. Stir until it is thick enough to be like pudding.
- Slice the pound cake into cubes.
- Get your trifle bowl and place pound cake cubes in bowl until the bottom is full.
- Put your pudding on top of the pound cake until you don’t see anymore pound cake.
- Place about 6-8 strawberries on the pudding and the repeat steps 5-7 three times.
- You can now place other ingredients on top of the pudding like: raspberries, with sugar, blueberries, white chocolate chips and any other yummy ingredients that you would like to put on your trifle.
- Put your trifle in the fridge for about two hours or more.
Enjoy your delicious dessert!