It was one of those kind of nights. I didn’t want to do take out and I didn’t want to go to the grocery store. It was time to get creative and pull together a meal with some of the ingredients I had at home. Of course, I picked out some of my favorites – pasta, garlic, peas, and bacon!
This meal was so quick and easy and the entire family loved it. It’s a light dish (not low fat), but light and not heavy. You could use any kind of pasta and/or vegetable.
Who doesn’t like a dish with bacon in it anyway?
- 1 Bag of Frozen Peas – defrosted
- 1 Box of Linguine Pasta
- 1 Small Onion Chopped
- 4 Cloves of Garlic
- 6-7 Slices of Cooked Bacon
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 4 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Cook Pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, add olive oil to large pan and sauté the onion and garlic. I use a lot of garlic.
- Add peas to pan and stir. Cook the onion, garlic and peas over medium heat and add salt and pepper as desired.
- Drain pasta and add to pea mixture on the stove. Lightly toss to coat all of the pasta and pea mixture.
- Break up bacon pieces and add to pan. Lightly toss bacon into pasta.
- Serve immediately and add fresh parmesan.
Enjoy! This one is a keeper.
4 thoughts on “Pasta with Peas and Bacon”
This seems nice and simple after a rough day. A throw it together and scarf it down type of meal, and still comes across as delicious sounding….and there’s bacon!