Independence Day always gets me in the mood for patriotic foods. Some festive Oreos were on my mind since I saw this idea on Pinterest. We make a lot of red, white, and blue snacks at this house. This weekend was no different. I had plenty of white chocolate on hand so I decided to try these festive Oreos out. Well, there is nothing easier to make except for a few broken ones from time to time.
These festive Oreos are a great snack to make with the kids too. Get in the kitchen, get a little messy, and have some fun! Festive Oreos are sure to be a hit with the family or at any holiday get together.
- 1 Package of Nestles Toll house white chocolate morsels (12 oz.)
- 1 Package of Oreos
- Sprinkles (red, white, and blue)
- Pour the whole package of Nestles Tollhouse white chocolate morsels in a microwave safe bowl. I use the microwave to melt my chocolate. The key is to do it in 30 second intervals and stir after each 30 seconds in the microwave. For a 12 oz package of chocolate, it usually takes 60-90 seconds.
- After the chocolate has melted, you are ready to start dipping Oreos. Dip each Oreo half way on each side and place on a baking sheet covered with wax paper.
- Next cover the white chocolate Oreos with sprinkles. It’s best to do this step right away before the white chocolate begins to set.
- Place Oreos in the refrigerator so the white chocolate will cool and set.