Independence Day always gets me in the mood for patriotic foods. Some festive Oreos were on my mind since I saw this idea on Pinterest. We make a lot of red, white, and blue snacks at this house. This weekend was no different. I had plenty of white chocolate on hand so I decided to try these festive Oreos out. Well, there is nothing easier to make except for a few broken ones from time to time.
These festive Oreos are a great snack to make with the kids too. Get in the kitchen, get a little messy, and have some fun! Festive Oreos are sure to be a hit with the family or at any holiday get together.
- 1 Package of Nestles Toll house white chocolate morsels (12 oz.)
- 1 Package of Oreos
- Sprinkles (red, white, and blue)
- Pour the whole package of Nestles Tollhouse white chocolate morsels in a microwave safe bowl. I use the microwave to melt my chocolate. The key is to do it in 30 second intervals and stir after each 30 seconds in the microwave. For a 12 oz package of chocolate, it usually takes 60-90 seconds.
- After the chocolate has melted, you are ready to start dipping Oreos. Dip each Oreo half way on each side and place on a baking sheet covered with wax paper.
- Next cover the white chocolate Oreos with sprinkles. It’s best to do this step right away before the white chocolate begins to set.
- Place Oreos in the refrigerator so the white chocolate will cool and set.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Wow! Amazing, delicious, decadent, pretty, sweet and salty are just a few ways to describe our favorite snack – white chocolate covered strawberries and pretzels. Really… anything white chocolate is fantastic in my book. And, here’s the added bonus…they are one of the easiest things to make!
These goodies are my favorite all time snack to make with the kiddos. I usually keep a few bags of chocolate morsels (white or semisweet) in the kitchen along with strawberries and a bag of pretzel rods. I’m a huge fan of white chocolate so it’s always my first choice for dipping. Many people think this type of dessert would be difficult to make but I prepare it in a way that is super easy and fun for the kids – no long process or stove top melting!
Next time you want to involve the kids in the kitchen, this is one snack they will surely love to make and eat!
White Chocolate Strawberries and Pretzels
- 1-2 bags of Nestle White Chocolate Chips (or any kind)
- Strawberries (or any berries for dipping)
- 1 Bag of Pretzel Rods
- Vegetable or Canola Oil (optional)
- Clean Strawberries and allow them to dry thoroughly keeping the stems on.
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 30 second intervals stirring the chocolate in between. At this point, you can add a touch of oil to help smooth the chocolate or you can pass on the oil for a thicker consistency of chocolate.
- Once the chocolate is fully melted and smooth, begin dipping the strawberries holding the stems with your fingers. Place the dipped strawberries on a baking pan lined with wax paper. Repeat for other berries and the pretzel rods.
- Place the chocolate covered strawberries and pretzels in the refrigerator to set and chill.