My newest addiction is grilled asparagus wrapped in prosciutto. It’s the perfect side dish, snack, and appetizer. I usually make the asparagus wrapped in prosciutto on the grill stove top, but of course you can do these asparagus wrapped in prosciutto right on the grill outside. I add a little brown sugar for that sweet and salty taste. They can be wrapped individually or in pairs as I did this time. Sometimes it all depends on the size. The thicker asparagus work better wrapped as individuals while the smaller ones are better wrapped in bundles of two, three, or four.
Going to a party, bring these grilled asparagus wrapped in prosciutto and you will be the hit at the party! They are so darn good and so easy to make! Check it out!
Asparagus Wrapped in Prosciutto
- 16-20 Asparagus Spears (1/2 to 3/4 thick) with ends trimmed – I like Costco’s asparagus
- 16-20 Slices of thin Prosciutto – I like Costco’s
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 3/4 Tablespoon of Brown Sugar
- Salt and Pepper
- Trim off the ends of the asparagus spears, wash thoroughly and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Wrap asparagus with thin prosciutto either as doubles or singles depending on the size of your asparagus. Place on a cookie sheet.
- In a small mixing bowl, add the olive oil, brown sugar, salt and pepper to taste. Mix together.
- Brush the olive oil/brown sugar mixture over both sides of the asparagus spears. Add more salt and pepper as desired.
- Over medium/high heat add the asparagus bundles to the stove top grill. Flip the asparagus at least once and cook until prosciutto is crisp and asparagus is tender. Be careful not to over cook the asparagus.