When it’s time to bring a hardy appetizer to a party, this bean dip is always my “go to” recipe. I love Ro*tel. I use it a lot because it always adds that extra kick. The base of this recipe comes from the Ro*tel website and the “Fiesta 7 Layered Dip”, however I changed it up a bit because I prefer black beans. It’s always a favorite at every party and super easy to make.
- 1 Can of Ro*tel Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies (10 oz.), drained and liquid reserved
- 1 Can of Refried Black Beans (10 oz.)
- Fresh Guacamole (refer to earlier post for my recipe approx. 12 oz.) https://thestlouiscooks.com/2013/07/25/guacamole/
- 1 Container of Sour Cream (16 oz.)
- 1 Package of Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 and 1/2 cups of Shredded Cheese (Cheddar and Jack Cheese blends) or however much you like to use. Technically, I don’t even measure my cheese.
- 1 Can (2.25 oz.) sliced Black Olives, drained and optional
- Top with diced green onions, diced jalapeno, and crushed tortilla chips – all optional
- Reserve 1/2 cup of drained tomatoes and set aside. Blend the remaining tomatoes and reserved liquid with the black beans.
- Spread the bean mixture in a 8×8 glass dish and then spread the fresh guacamole on top of bean mixture.
- Blend together the taco seasoning mix and the sour cream. Spread mixture on top of guacamole.
- Next top evenly with cheese and reserved tomatoes. Add the extras if you choose.
This dip can be made without a few of the ingredients too. I’ve made this dish many of times without guacamole and it’s still awesome. The one thing that really shouldn’t be left out is the Ro*tel!