Looking for that last minute, quick, throw together, side dish? This spinach dish is for you. On this particular night, I was looking for something different instead of the usual “go to” quick vegetables such as corn and peas. I had some fresh spinach from Costco in the refrigerator. It was time to use it as a side dish instead of doing the normal spinach salad. I threw together this recipe in about 8 minutes which is exactly how long it takes to cook.
Wow, it was really good! I can’t say that I’m a huge fan of cooked spinach, however I do like it when there are great flavors involved. The combination of Rotel and bacon were a perfect fit. The Rotel added some extra zing not to mention bacon is always a great addition to many dishes. We LOVE bacon. My 10 year old son even liked this spinach dish.
Another bonus about this dish…it only take 8 minutes! I would suggest making this dish when everything else is ready for the table. It is that quick and easy.
- 10-15 Ounces of fresh Spinach (Earthbound Farm Organic Baby Spinach from Costco)
- 1/2 Can of Rotel (original and strained)
- 4-5 Slices of cooked Bacon (broken up in pieces)
- 1-2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 2-3 Cloves of fresh Garlic
- Salt and Pepper to taste ( we prefer Sea Salt)
- Heat Olive Oil in a skillet over medium heat. Using a garlic press, add the fresh minced garlic to the oil. Next add the Spinach. It will shrink very quickly.
- Stir in the Rotel Tomatoes and Chilies. Then mix together the Bacon. Add salt and pepper to taste.