Wow! Amazing, delicious, decadent, pretty, sweet and salty are just a few ways to describe our favorite snack – white chocolate covered strawberries and pretzels. Really… anything white chocolate is fantastic in my book. And, here’s the added bonus…they are one of the easiest things to make!
These goodies are my favorite all time snack to make with the kiddos. I usually keep a few bags of chocolate morsels (white or semisweet) in the kitchen along with strawberries and a bag of pretzel rods. I’m a huge fan of white chocolate so it’s always my first choice for dipping. Many people think this type of dessert would be difficult to make but I prepare it in a way that is super easy and fun for the kids – no long process or stove top melting!
Next time you want to involve the kids in the kitchen, this is one snack they will surely love to make and eat!
White Chocolate Strawberries and Pretzels
- 1-2 bags of Nestle White Chocolate Chips (or any kind)
- Strawberries (or any berries for dipping)
- 1 Bag of Pretzel Rods
- Vegetable or Canola Oil (optional)
- Clean Strawberries and allow them to dry thoroughly keeping the stems on.
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 30 second intervals stirring the chocolate in between. At this point, you can add a touch of oil to help smooth the chocolate or you can pass on the oil for a thicker consistency of chocolate.
- Once the chocolate is fully melted and smooth, begin dipping the strawberries holding the stems with your fingers. Place the dipped strawberries on a baking pan lined with wax paper. Repeat for other berries and the pretzel rods.
- Place the chocolate covered strawberries and pretzels in the refrigerator to set and chill.