During the heat of the summer, I love trying different salads, however I can’t take credit for this one. My husband pulled this one together. We seem to be on an avocado kick right now so sticking with that theme, here’s a great refreshing salad with or with out avocados.
Avocado Pineapple Blueberry Salad
- 6 cup of mixed Greens
- 3/4 cup of diced Pineapple (fresh or canned) – can grill if time permits
- 3/4 cup of fresh Blueberries
- 3/4 cup of diced Avocados
- 1/4 cups of thinly sliced Red Onions
- 3/4 cup of Lemon Vinaigrette
- Dash of Salt and Pepper
- Fresh Parmesan Cheese
- In a large bowl, toss the mixed greens with dressing; reserving 3 tablespoons of dressing.
- On five to six separate plates, evenly disperse all the greens.
- In the same large bowl add the pineapple, blueberries, avocados, onions, and remaining dressing;
- Disperse the mixture evenly over the greens. Add seasoning and sprinkle with cheese if desired. Serve immediately.
This salad was a hit with the family, however the kids preferred the salad with out the avocado’s. We also kept it very simple by using bottled Lemon Vinaigrette, but you can make your own or use any kind of Citrus Vinaigrette.
It’s a quick and yummy summer salad! On this particular night, we didn’t have enough time to grill the pineapple, but I do highly recommend grilled pineapple. We love it!