Happy New Year! We’re back at it with a holiday favorite, the rack of pork which is a pork loin with the bone in. I never had a rack of pork until later in life. This cut of meat is so succulent and flavorful. We love it when Fall hits and Costco starts selling this meat which is typically around Thanksgiving. Preparing the rack of pork is super easy. The challenging part is making sure it’s cooked to perfection while in the oven. All it takes is a close eye and a little TLC.
We celebrated the New Year with the rack of pork. The second time this holiday season. Cheers to the New Year!
Rack of Pork
- 5-6 lbs. Rack of Pork – Pork Loin Bone In
- 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil or enough to rub the whole rack
- Rub pork with minced garlic – don’t hold back
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon of Rosemary
- Season with Salt and Pepper to your liking
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and prepare a broiler pan lined with foil.
- Place the rack of pork on the pan and rub with olive oil.
- Season with rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Place the pork in the oven and cook in 450 degree oven for 15 minutes and then reduce to 350 degrees for 70-90 minutes or until an internal temperature of 145/150 in the thickest cut of meat. Halfway through cooking the pork, flip the rack to ensure proper cooking and browning on all sides. At some point, you may have to foil the bone part of the rack so not to brown too much.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes before cutting. Eat and enjoy with your favorite sides.